Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Individualist


Welcome to my brand-spanking-new "fashion sourcebook." This site was created as a space to archive and shine a spotlight on key moments, important figures, sensitive and fabulous issues relating to fashion. Ultimately, this site will serve as an inspirational resource to myself and those who visit...
That being said, I thought I'd break in my first post with an image of singer/general innovator: BJORK, wearing "the swan dress" that was so ridiculed not only in it's moment, but continues to be a hot topic in the books of fashion. What I love about this particular moment is the ultimate message that Bjork continues to send throughout her mere existence, which is that of individuality. Cliched as it may be, what I tend to find a lot in fashion is a lack of individuality and a devotion to "must haves" or "labels for labels sake"- essentially keeping up with the Jones' mentality. Bjork is a shining example of personal style, which is why any true fashionista (in my opinion) would hail this appearance as one of the greatest style moments of all time. 
Bjork, to me, is a shining example of true individualism and the power to create new paths in an era where originality is rare to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment